INGREDIENTS for Steak: INGREDIENTS for Grilled Lemon Garlic Shrimp:
•2 New York Steaks (any steak you like) *12 Jumbo Shrimp (deveined with tail on)
•1/4 Teaspoon Lite Soy Sauce *1/4 of a Lemon
*2 Cloves of Garlic (Minced) *1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
*1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt *1/4 Tsp Smoked Paprika
*1/4 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
*Pinch of Sugar
*1 Teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
*King Crab Meat (any real crab meat)
*1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
*Mixed Green Salad
•Organic Grape Tomatoes
*Balsamic Reduction (Balsamic Vinegar and Honey)
1) Now you ready to surf and turf (sings “I’m swaggin’, I’m surfin’.”) LOL! For the New York Steak, you’re going to mix all of your dry seasonings together. Pour the soy sauce over the NY Steak and massage it. Next you’re going to rub the dry seasoning mix all over the steak and add the minced garlic on the steak. Let the steak sit in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
2) Grilled Lemon Garlic Shrimp; you’re to rub the garlic powder and paprika together on the shrimp and let it marinate for 5 minutes.
3) The Balsamic Reduction, it is pretty simple to make. Stir balsamic vinegar (1/2 cup) and honey (1/4 cup) together in a small saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the vinegar mixture has reduced, about 10 minutes. Set the balsamic reduction aside to cool.
Now it’s time to COOK!
1) Get your frying pan out and get ready to sear those delicious steaks! Turn the stove on to high and pour 1 teaspoon of the Extra Virgin Olive Oil into the frying pan-watch out now don’t let it burn. Turn the heat down to medium high and place the steak in the frying pan. Let it sear on each side for 4 minutes each. While the steaks are searing, you’re going to turn the oven on to 325º. After you’re done searing, you’re going to place the steaks in the oven for 20 minutes.
2) King Crab meat is sweet, but I love it when it’s spicy so I added sriracha to the king crab mixture. Mix the King Crab meat with the Parmesan cheese (but save some on the side so you can add it on the top of the baked king crab) and place it on the steaks and let it bake for another 10-15 minutes. Then turn the oven off and just add the leftover Parmesan cheese over the crab meat and let it sit in the oven for a few minutes until the Parmesan cheese melts.
3) While the steaks are cooking, it’s time to cook the Grilled Lemon Garlic Shrimp! Place the shrimp on a griddle and start grillin’! Shrimp do not take long to cook, just 2-3 minutes on each side. Don’t overcook them, so make sure you keep an eye on the shrimps. After you’re done cooking put it on a plate and squeeze the lemon over the shrimp and let it sit for a few seconds. Take the steak out the oven and let it sit for a minute or two.
4) Place your mixed salad on the plate with the grapes tomatoes and mozzarella and drizzle the Balsamic Reduction over the salad. Place your delicious steak on the plate and the shirmp and voilà! Enjoy your Surf ‘n Turf!